Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Scrubbing Bubbles?!?

Today is Wednesday!  Per my cleaning schedule I shared in my second post, it is bathroom cleaning day!  Perhaps you think I am crazy to clean every day of the week.  Well, I don't have a choice.  I have two little ones that provide me with only small bits of time to get things done.  I don't ever have a four hour block to do anything.  When I clean a room, I do everything.  Organizing.  Dusting.  Surfaces.  Walls.  Baseboards.  Floors.  I spend 30-60 minutes per room.

When I was pregnant with Caitlyn I became very mindful of the chemicals I was using to clean.  I didn't want to smell them anymore.  I didn't want anything to negatively impact the development of my baby.  I started searching for natural products.  Biokleen has become my favorite brand.  I particularly love Bac-Out.  It does an amazing job getting stains and odors out of carpets.  It is my new best friend since I am earnestly potty training Caitlyn.  Can't wait for all hard floors someday, though...

Now I know how to clean a shower.  I'm a PCC grad, after all.  One of my very first college lessons was in cleaning the shower to pass Saturday room inspection (thanks, Becca!).  I only ever failed once - White Glove.  Spring semester.  Senior year.  Sigh.  The source - residue from soap scum and remnants of shower cleaner.  That was the reason everyone failed, unless someone simply didn't do it.

Now I have my own home and I have that same soap scum issue.  My Biokleen bathroom cleaner just wasn't cutting it for the shower.  I started thinking back to the alternative cleaners we used in college.  Liquid laundry detergent was the first to come to mind.  Perfect!  I had a bottle of Ecos that I quit using because it just wasn't doing a good enough job.



I put it in a squirt bottle, took my scrub brush, and went to town.  This is the second week I've been using it.  I am in love.  It stays wet providing plenty of time to scrub and rinses clean.  IT WORKS.  No soap scum.  No residue.  Just a sparkling shower.  Ahhh.

What are your natural cleaning tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment