Friday, August 19, 2011

Set a Schedule

I'm not the world's greatest housekeeper.  Just ask my husband.  He'll tell you!  One of my biggest personal goals is to be able to leave the house every Sunday morning with lunch in the crockpot and a house clean enough to invite someone home to eat with us.  We love to entertain.  Setting a cleaning schedule has really helped me to make sure that the whole house gets cleaned every week.  This makes planned company so much easier!

Let's be realistic.  I have a 20 month old and am 360 36 weeks pregnant.  Cleaning the house all at once is IMPOSSIBLE.  I'm always stopping to give hugs and examine boo boos.  Also, I can never have every room picked up at the same time.  My daughter always has a room pulled apart by the time I finish another one.  That was a huge source of frustration.  Breaking the chores up into daily tasks makes the job much more attainable.

Here's my weekly plan.

Monday - deep clean the kitchen (each room includes cleaning the floors)
Tuesday - clean the bedrooms
Wednesday - clean the bathrooms
Thursday - clean the living room and hallways
Saturday - weed the flowerbeds

No, my house is not all clean at once.  But having it clean each week is huge to me.  Notice that I keep one day a week open.  This is crucial to success!  I can have a play date any day and simply move that day's task to another day.

What's your secret to a clean house?

No comments:

Post a Comment